Civil Plan Review
The Civil Plan Review process is a coordinated review and approval of commercial and residential subdivision plans and plats; as well as Commercial Site Development Plans. The review process incorporates review by staff representatives from Planning, Engineering, Public Services and Fire; as well as review by external agencies where appropriate.
Plan Review Requirements
A pre-submittal meeting is required prior to submittal. See below to “Request Plan Review Appointment”. The Kernersville Community Development Department requires the following materials to be submitted at the start of the review process:
- Cover letter with a listing of all the required plans and checklist.
- 3 Printed copies of the site plan
- a PDF version of each plan and document
- a drawing file (dwg) of each of the plans
- the completion of the related checklist and applications
- Community Development Department Site Plan Submittal Checklist
- Community Development Department Construction Plan Submittal Checklist
- Stormwater Concept Plan – Preliminary Site Plan Requirements Submittal Checklist
- High Density Watershed/Stormwater Permit Application
- Low Density Watershed/Stormwater Permit Application
- High Density Watershed/Stormwater Permit Submittal Checklist
- Stormwater Design Construction Plans Submittal Checklist
* Note: A separate submittal may be required to the public water and sewer utility provider.
Plan Review Process
Request Plan Review Appointment
To request an appointment by phone call 336-992-0605