Who can help me with my drainage problem?

  • Within the public right-of-way, the Town of Kernersville Streets Division and Stormwater Division can assist you.
  • On private property, you can contact Forsyth Soil and Water Conservation District at 336-703-2850 or hire private consultants.

Who do I call about water meter issues?

Water meters are handled by City/County Utility Commission at 336-727-8000.

Who do I talk to about a watershed permit or escrow account associated with construction?

The Watershed Administrator within the Community Development Department handles watershed permits and escrow accounts associated with new construction.

What is a drainage or stormwater easement?

Drainage features or stormwater easement areas are areas designed so stormwater flows on top of the ground, or it may have been designed with a pipe underneath the ground to convey water. Property owners are responsible for keeping these areas properly stabilized in order to prevent erosion. They are also responsible for ensuring that the flow of stormwater across the easement is not impeded. It may be necessary to use erosion control matting or other techniques to help establish or re-establish vegetation in these areas. It is also important to keep these areas free of debris, large obstructing vegetation (such as trees), and structures such as fences or sheds and play equipment.

Who maintains easements?

Within the public right-of-way, the Town of Kernersville is responsible for maintenance.