Fire Rescue Department Explorer Program
The Kernersville Fire Rescue Department Explorer Program is a youth program organized through ‘Learning For Life’. The program is designed to allow male and female youth, between the ages of 14 and 20, to explore a career in the emergency services. The explorers receive training similar to volunteer and career firefighters, including basic fire chemistry, hose evolutions, ladder operations, medical and CPR training, hazardous materials, and auto extrication.
The training program is intense and demanding, however the rewards are increased character and the understanding of what it takes to pursue a career in the fire service.
Fire Explorers receive the following benefits:
- The opportunity to learn teamwork and leadership skills
- Competitive activities at Fire Explorer Musters
- Challenge, Hard Work, Fun, and Friendship!
- Volunteer credit for High School programs
- Between 14 and 20 years old
- Completion of the 8th grade
- 2.0 or better grade point average
- Submit an Application
- Personal Interview
Youth interested in the Explorer program can submit the following online interest form or contact the department at (336) 996-4885.