Permits and Inspections
The type of permit required depends on the use of the space and what changes you plan to make. You can determine the required permit as well as get answers to frequently asked questions by using the Town of Kernersville Permit Guide and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Town of Kernersville uses the ViewPoint online permitting system, a service that allows users online access to apply for permits, review active and completed permits, schedule inspections and view results, and pay associated fees using Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Discover.
All plan reviews, permits, and inspection requests must be done through ViewPoint, including:
- Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical permits
- Sign permits
- Pool permits
- Use & Occupancy (Zoning) permits
- Fire Department permits
- Apply for a permit
- ViewPoint User Guide
- FY 20-21 Development Services Fee Schedule
- Town of Kernersville Permit Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
- New Business Information
- Residential Property Development Frequently Asked Questions
- Request Internal Review of an Inspection Decision (N.C.G.S. 160D-1104)
If you need further assistance, contact the Development Services Division at (336)-996-7166. If you wish to speak directly with a building inspector, it is a good idea to call and make an appointment.