The primary functions of the Development Services Division are:

  • Permits (buildings, signs, etc.), Plan Reviews, and Inspections.
  • Business Assistance to help new and existing businesses comply with state and local regulations.
  • Enforcement of the Town of Kernersville Unified Development Ordinance (UDO), Housing Code, Nuisance Code, and junk vehicle ordinances.

While all permits are processed online, you may visit the Development Services Division at the Kernersville Town Hall, 134 East Mountain Street, from 8am-5pm.  For more information or directions, call the Development Services Division at 336-996-7166.  If you wish to speak directly with a building inspector, it is a good idea to call and make an appointment.


Permits, Plan Reviews, and Inspections

The Town uses ViewPoint Cloud, a service that allows users online access to apply for permits, review active and completed permits, schedule inspections and view results, and pay associated fees using Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Discover.


Business Information

If you are starting a new business or relocating an existing business in Kernersville, the information on this page will help ensure compliance with state and local regulations.


Code Enforcement

It is the responsibility of the Development Services Division to maintain clean, healthy, livable neighborhoods through the enforcement of the Unified Development Ordinance (zoning), Minimum Housing Code, Nuisance Code, and vehicle ordinances.  This is accomplished through the investigation and inspection of citizen and public official complaints.


Frequently Asked Questions

Learn answers to frequently asked questions abut licenses and permits.