CPR Class Registration
CPR Can Save a Life!
CPR – or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – is an emergency lifesaving procedure performed when the heart stops beating. Immediate CPR can double or triple chances of survival after cardiac arrest.
According to the American Heat Association, nearly 45 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest victims survived when bystander CPR was administered. The majority of Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests (OHCA) occurs at public settings (18.8 percent), mostly homes/residences (69.5%) and nursing homes (11.7%).
Unfortunately, only about 46% of people who experience an OHCA get the immediate help that they need before professional help arrives. The 2017 Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics state that among the 356,000 OHCA that occurred, 45.7% (or 46%) received bystander CPR.
The 5 links in the adult out-of-hospital Chain of Survival are:
- Recognition of cardiac arrest and activation of the emergency response system
- Early cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with an emphasis on chest compressions
- Rapid defibrillation
- Basic and advanced emergency medical services
- Advanced life support and post-cardiac arrest care
A strong Chain of Survival can improve chances of survival and recovery for victims of cardiac arrest. Someone — maybe a friend or even a family member could benefit from your CPR training. Sign up today!
January 13, 2022 6:00PM – 10:00PM*Cancelled*
- April 30, 2022 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- July 14, 2022 6:00PM – 10:00PM
- October 15, 2022 8:00AM – 12:00PM