ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS FOR PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER ON WHITT STATION LANE
FOR NP PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER, LLC
DATE OF RE-ADVERTISMENT: June 28, 2022
DATE AND TIME OF SECOND BID OPENING: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 AT 2:00 P.M.
DATE OF ADVERTISMENT: June 6, 2022
DATE AND TIME OF BID OPENING: Monday, June 27, 2022 AT 2:00 P.M.
PRE-BID MEETING (VIRTUAL MEETING – DETAILS ON PAGE 4): June 15, 2022
PROJECT TYPE: Private Development
LOCATION: Extension of Whitt Station Lane.
Approximately 900 linear feet from intersection of SR-2601 and SR-4609
TYPE OF WORK: Grading, Paving, & Thermoplastic Pavement Markings
AVAILABILITY DATE: the Issued date of the Notice to Proceed
COMPLETION DATE: 80 days from the Notice to Proceed
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PREPARING AND SUBMITTING YOUR BID.
Please read all instructions and applicable articles found in the 2018 NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR ROADS AND STRUCTURES available at the website listed below carefully before preparing and submitting your bid.
All bids shall be prepared and submitted in accordance with the following requirements. Failure to comply with any requirement may cause the bid to be considered irregular and may be grounds for rejection of the bid.
1. The bid form furnished by NP PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER, LLC with the proposal shall be used and shall not be altered in any manner. DO NOT SEPARATE THE BID FORM FROM THE PROPOSAL!
2. All entries on the bid form, including signatures, shall be written in ink.
3. The Bidder shall submit a unit price for every item on the bid form. The unit prices for the various contract items shall be written in figures. ***Unit prices must be limited to TWO decimal places.***
4. An amount bid shall be entered on the bid form for every item. The amount bid for each item shall be determined by multiplying each unit bid by the quantity for that item, and shall be written in figures in the “Amount Bid” column of the form.
5. The total amount bid shall be written in figures in the proper place on the bid form. The total amount shall be determined by adding the amounts bid for each item.
6. Changes in any entry shall be made by marking through the entry in ink and making the correct entry adjacent thereto in ink. A representative of the Bidder shall initial the change in ink. Do not use “White Out” or similar product to make corrections.
7. The bid shall be properly executed. All bids shall show the following information:
a. Name of individual, firm, corporation, partnership, or joint venture submitting bid.
b. Name of individual or representative submitting bid and position or title.
c. Name, signature, and position or title of witness.
d. Federal Identification Number
e. Contractor’s License Number (If available)
8. Bids submitted by corporations shall bear the seal of the corporation.
9. The bid shall not contain any unauthorized additions, deletions, or conditional bids.
10. The bidder shall not add any provision reserving the right to accept or reject an award, or to enter into a contract pursuant to an award.
11. THE PROPOSAL WITH THE BID FORM STILL ATTACHED SHALL BE PLACED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE AND SHALL HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO AND RECEIVED IN THE (TOWN OF KERNERSVILLE AT 134 EAST MOUNTAIN STREET, KERNERSVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA), BY (2:00 pm) ON, (Tuesday), (July 19th 2022).
12. The sealed bid must display the following statement on the front of the sealed envelope:
“QUOTATION FOR – ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS FOR PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER ON WHITT STATION LANE FOR NP PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER, LLC TO BE OPENED AT 2:00 P.M. ON TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2022.”
13. If delivered by mail, the sealed envelope shall be placed in another sealed envelope and the outer envelope shall be addressed as follows:
Town of Kernersville
Attn: Chris Jensen
134 E. Mountain Street
Kernersville, NC 27284
14. The pre-bid meeting will be held on June 15th at 2:00 pm through a virtual Microsoft teams
Link to Meeting
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 117 887 952 0
Alternate VTC instructions
Or call in (audio only)
+1 984-204-1608,,903994013# United States, Raleigh
Phone Conference ID: 903 994 013#
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS ON SCOPE OF WORK
1. This contract is for the extension of Whitt Lane Station Road for approximately 4,600 linear feet.
2. The new roadway is to be graded to roughly 6” above the proposed bottom of the base course by the current grading contractor. This contract requires Contractor to remove approximately 6” of dirt to install the base course at the proposed elevation based on the plans and coordinate with NP PIEDMONT COMMERCE CENTER, LLC on location on-site for excess dirt to be placed. No export of dirt shall be allowed as site contractor needs it for balancing rest of site.
3. Items shown in plans as part of this bid are listed in the itemized proposal and noted on the plan sheets.
4. Items noted on the plan sheets as part of “work by others” are summarized below:
a. All storm drainage and underground utilities to be completed by separate contractor
b. Traffic control is being completed by separate contractor
c. Erosion control is being completed by separate contractor through the early grading package. Once roadway is completed, separate grading contractor will install erosion control measures needed for final installation.
d. Landscaping/seeding is being completed by separate contractor