This news post was published May 4th and the information contained within is no longer accurate.
For up to date information please visit https://toknc.com/covid19
As we prepare for a phased reopening, continued compliance with the Governor’s orders is critical. All Forsyth County now falls under North Carolina Executive Orders. For those permitted to operate, below are guidelines to do so safely:
Places of business must:
- Set limits on how many people can be in a store at one time. This means five people per 1,000 square feet of retail space or 20% of stated fire capacity, if there is one.
- Delineate 6 feet of distance for areas where people gather like checkout lines.
- Use specific cleaning measures. This varies based upon the type of business.
If at all possible, they should also:
- implement hygiene recommendations for employees and customers. This includes offering hand sanitizer at the doors and providing face coverings for workers.
- Establish designated shopping times for high-risk groups. Many stores began providing this service prior to the Order.
- Create barriers between customers and employees at checkouts.
- Take the temperatures of staff and customers/clients.
- Use technology to avoid contact when paying.