North Carolina will enter Phase 3 of lifting COVID-19 restrictions, effective 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2. (View Phase 3 FAQs.)
Under Executive Order 169:
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
- Smaller outdoor entertainment venues, such as arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity – or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity – or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity – or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
- The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- The 11 p.m. curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars will be extended to Oct. 23.
State and public health officials will continue watching the key COVID-19 trends over the next several weeks to determine if any further restrictions can be eased when Executive Order 169 expires Oct. 23.